Scientific Injection Molding is a disciplined approach. It determines and controls optimum process parameters to produce consistent quality at a lower overall cost. Through strategically placed mold transducers, it provides constant real-time process feedback.
SIM controls four major variables simultaneously:
- Part Design
- Tool Design
- Material Selection
SIM benefits include:
- Reliable documentation for each part
- Higher yield and lower material consumption
- Optimized Process – the best cycle times possible
- Consistent repeatability and quality, part to part, set-up to set-up
- Better flow control with no weld lines or surface flaws
At the heart of Scientific Injection Molding is the ability to detect where problems are and document them with data – not personal opinions. SIM identifies alternative designs early while helping to keep your program on track. Manufacturability is always a consideration and shortens the learning curve in all phases. Scientific Injection Molding holds each component accountable, resulting in true concurrent engineering.