Vaupell produces a wide variety of thermoset compression molded parts that offer a more cost-effective, lightweight, thermally stable, close tolerance solution to metals. In comparison to Autoclave molding Compression molding is used for high volume, quick cycle times without sacrificing strength. We have extensive experience with processing a broad range of thermoset resin/fiber-reinforced BMC & SMC materials. In addition, we have the capability to design and manufacture tooling in-house allowing us to support a wide range of compression molding applications. The range of secondary operations offered by Vaupell converts the compression-molded components into finished products & assemblies.
- 18 hydraulic presses ranging from 30 to 750 tons
- In-House tooling design and fabrication
- Raw material forms: Prepreg, BMC (Bulk Molding Compound) & SMC (Sheet Molding Compounds)
- Resins: Epoxy, Polyester, and Phenolic
- Fiber reinforcements: Fiberglass, Graphite/Carbon & Aramid/Kevlar
- Secondary and Assembly Operations
- Aerospace Process Certifications