Vaupell has over 65 years of experience in composites manufacturing offering a broad range of capabilities and credentials to support its customers in our primary markets including: military and commercial aircraft, electronics, and communications. Major customers include: Lockheed Martin/Sikorsky, Boeing, Northrop Grumman, BAE Systems, L3 Harris, GKN Aerospace, Aero Structures LI, and the U.S. Government/Defense.
Composites provide very light weight with superior strength while preventing corrosion and low thermal expansion. We produce individual components (lay-up and autoclave molded, compression molded, and adhesive bonded) as well as higher level assemblies.
Our quality capabilities and credentials in include:
- Complete Lab supporting composite material testing
- BAE Gold Supplier Award
- Registrations and Credentials:
- ISO 9001
- NADCAP Certifications for Composites
- Multiple Boeing, Northrop-Grumman and Sikorsky certifications*
*Boeing: BAC 5317, BAC 5317-1, BAC 5317-2, BAC 5317-3, D6-53993, D210-12062-1, D210-12062-2, D210-12062-3, D210-12062-4, Code 802. Northrop- Grumman: GSS-7022 (Method VI), GSS-11100, GSS-11102, GSS-22650. Sikorsky Aircraft: SS8423, SS8442, SS8669, SS8888, SS9220, SS9231, SS9225, Lab 9
Our capabilities include:
- Autoclave molding
- Compression molding
- Adhesive bonding (metal-to-metal, composite-to-composite, hybrid in honeycomb sandwich)
- Tool Design and Fabrication
- Assembly and Secondary Operations
- Mechanical and electrical assembly
- CNC machining and general machining
- Sheet metal fabrication
Combining technologically advanced fibers and polymers.
Producing a wide variety of thermoset compression molded parts.
Providing structural & non-structural adhesive bonding.
Assembly and Finishing
Capabilities to convert components into finished parts and higher level assemblies
Vaupell has a full service composite testing laboratory.
Vaupell has a working knowledge with a broad range of materials.