Vaupell has over 60 years of experience in composites manufacturing offering a broad range of capabilities and credentials to support its customers in our primary markets including: military and commercial aircraft, electronica and communications, and shipboard/submarine. Major customers include: Sikorsky, Boeing, Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin and the U.S. Army.
Composites provide very light weight with superior strength while preventing corrosion and low thermal expansion. We produce individual components (lay-up and autoclave molded, compression molded, and adhesive bonded) as well as high level assemblies.
Our capabilities include:
- Autoclave molding
- Compression molding
- Adhesive bonding (metal-to-metal, composite-to-composite, hybrid in honeycomb sandwich)
- Assembly and Secondary Operations
- Mechanical and electrical assembly
- CNC machining and general machining
- Sheet metal fabrication
Our primary markets require robust quality systems and process certifications.
Our quality capabilities and credentials in include:
- Complete Lab supporting composite material testing
- Registrations and Credentials:
- ISO 9001
- NADCAP Certifications for Composites
- Multiple Boeing, Northrop-Grumman and Sikorsky certifications*
*Boeing: BAC 5317, BAC 5317-1, BAC 5317-2, BAC 5317-3, D6-53993, D210-12062-1, D210-12062-2, D210-12062-3, D210-12062-4, Code 802. Northrop- Grumman: 22-80-00, GSS-4310, GSS-11102. Sikorsky Aircraft: SS8423, SS8442, SS8669, SS8888, SS9220, SS9231, SS9225, Lab 9